If you’re a Credit Union member & a college-bound high school senior (or have a family member who is), you should know about this year’s College Scholarship Contest!
Your application will compete against thousands of applicants from credit unions throughout NY State for:
AND… Your application will square off with the best applicants from Your own UHS Employees Federal Credit Union for the ultimate study aid to win either a:
Due By January 7th 2023, at your Credit Union
You must be a Credit Union Member to enter. If you’re not, come in and ask us if you (or your family member) can join! Applicant must be a H.S. senior and be attending college (2 or year degree) for the first time in fall. 2023.
To: All Scholarship Applicants
From: Melanie Seymour, Operation Specialist
Date: November 14th, 2022
RE: How to apply for a college scholarship
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program, offered in partnership with the New York Credit Union Association. Please review the following instructions carefully before completing your application.
Note: You must be a member of a participating New York credit union to apply for a college scholarship through this program. If you are not currently a member, please call UHS Employees Federal Credit Union at 607-763-6565 to learn how to join.
1. Complete and save the scholarship application form. Please use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
2. You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
3. You must obtain a credit union verification code from your credit union in order to verify eligibility.
4. Submit your application online at: https://www.nycua.org/more/scholarship-program/2-uncategorised/1335-college-scholarship-program-applicants by January 7, 2023, along with:
• a high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11; and
• an essay response.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered.
Please save and upload the documents as three separate files (pdf, Word, jpg only; Google Docs will not be accepted):
1. Scholarship Application
2. High School Transcript
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Melanie Seymour at 607-763-6268. Winner notifications will be sent in May 2023. Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!